Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 107

Thread: Life: The IRL Problem Thread!!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Ogreasy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    1,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Okay, use this space for advice asking. I have a problem right now...

    I have a friend(No this is not one of those hypothetical "I have a friend" questions!!!) who is sort of into anime/manga. Well recently ots come to my attention that his favorite manga is "Clamp School Detectives". I looked at it then went, "What the hell man! This is a Bishounenai manga! What the hells wrong with you!?" He told me that he likes the stories and that the chars are funny and despite some bizarre cover art, the three boys are not gay. How do I wean him off of the "9 year old Japanese Schoolgirl" fare and into the "Cool guy stuff" fare. Any help would be cool.
    Help.
    (Again, this is just sort of a silly problem that is more of an example, but any advice would be nice)

    <font color="#101010" size="1">[ November 01, 2004 08:29 AM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I dont quite understood the last part but if you mean how can you get him into straight H stuff, just hand him over some regular hentai (not hardcore in case he's freaked out) and ask him, "You like this, right?". Or get him into shounen anime (1 guy, bunch of girls who want to make out with him). If he likes romantic stuff, he'll like Ai Yori Aoshi. I don't know if this is what you mean though.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Shoujo manga=the best. I love everything from CLAMP especially, (Except X movie &gt;_&lt [img]wink.gif[/img]

    BTW, Bishounen ARE the cool guys in anime.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member justwildbeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    745
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nah there's absolutely nothing wrong with him lol. After all bishounen are the ones that attract the girls ^_~ But if you must change 'em just get him to read X/1999 or Chobits whichever.

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't know how's CLAMP School Detectives, I thought it'd have heavy shounen-ai contents. If it's just the guys are cute I don't think it's a big deal tho

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Ogreasy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    1,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There were creepy posters tat came with the books. Those are what kind of freaked me out.
    Thanks for the tips guys, I'll implement them quickly.
    Anyone have any IRL problems?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have no idea how to help you since I'm not really into anime/manga.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Cavalier's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,932
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    u shouldnt be on his case about this lolz ... i read shoujo and shounen equally ^^ both kinds usually have kawaii girls XD~~ lolz

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Actually, I'm not quite fond of the shoujo/shounen classification... One of the reasons is that people from any sex watch both, and another is many anime series are actually hybrid. For example, some would classfy Chobits as shoujo, others as shounen. Ai Yori Aoshi has a bunch of girls living with a single guy, and yet it tends to feel like shoujo. So I prefer to call them romantic comedies or whatever other genre they are. Again, I don't know what that series would be; I wouldn't personally enjoy shounen-ai but judging for what you've said it doesn't seem to be so

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Ogreasy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    1,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, even if he was into shounen-ai I'd still be cool with it, Its just that I was the one who got him into anime/manga and I don't want his only experience to be these high school boys with short shorts doing it.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •